Finally another certification

I'm kind of a certification addict. I did most of the Sun/Oracle Java certs and update them every time it's possible. But for some time now there wasn't anything to do. I even thought about doing the JSF cert just to do something...
But some weeks ago Pivotal blog-ed that they would offer Spring certification without enrolling for a course. Fantastic news because I don't want to pay for a course and I'm a big fan of the Spring Framework for years now. So, some days ago I started preparing by downloading the ePub of the current Spring docs and loading it up onto my Kobo. A week later 25% of it have been read :-)
What I probably should mention is that I do certifications not only to have them but also to learn new things. With the Java certifications (most of all the Programmer I think) I did learn much. You have to dive into things you need not use for every day work (but perhaps later). E.G. doing the OCJP 7 I learned of the fantastic nio2 way to do file work. Sure, you don't need a certification for that but it's my way to motivate me.
Aside from books and online documentation I try to use mock tests. For Java the best mock exams I know are the ones from enthuware. For the Core Spring 4.3 I'm still looking, so if you have some advise feel free to comment.
I want to do the exam in August. Stay tuned for more on that topic if you are interested.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Finally did the Spring Core exam 4.3

Spring Cloud Netflix - Hystrix and properties